availspace Available Space: Finding Home

Monday, March 27, 2006

Finding Home




After a fabulous weekend in Stockholm, I am back home, ready to face reality. Must say that I really needed a breather and having three days without kids or responsibility was something that I really needed.

Now I am home, ready to continue my daily life not to mention continue the various projects I have started but lacked the time to finish.

In the past months, I have started working a bit larger, this size happens to be a favorite - 60 cm. (23"). Like many artists, it is the blank canvas that is the most threatning but I have found a solution for how I tackle the problem... I collage it! Yep, I glue, I tear, I glaze, you name it! This piece has about 10 layers of paint and who knows, maybe I am still not finished!

My largest challenge to date has been a two part collage measuring over 6'. Although I found the project a bit daunting at first I was so happy when it was over that I thought, "Yeah, I would do that again". This piece was created for a local oil company who wanted a piece that not only added color and modern element to their conference room, but also a piece that served as a sort of timeline showing their products from the company's first days.

(hard to get a proper photo of a piece so large, but you get the idea)

Back to work!

6 Comments:

Blogger jennifer black said...

Those are so cool! I love the top one, especially--the haunting sense it conveys, and the colors are perfect. I wish I could see them live.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Erika Tysse said...

Come for a visit and you can!

4:07 PM  
Blogger tiffini elektra x said...

Erika! This is gorgeous - I really love the texture of your work! Your colors I wish I could see them bigger! I love the color of the one for the oil company. What a lovely color and composition. Your amazing. . .

3:12 AM  
Blogger nuje said...

Rad!

10:28 PM  
Blogger firstborn studio said...

most beautiful!devine texture,color,layers...so much to take in...yet elegantly simple!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Corey said...

Erika, I'm so happy to see you've started a blog! I've always loved your work. I especially love this one with the bird and tree!

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home