availspace Available Space: Full Moon

Friday, March 17, 2006

Full Moon

Stumbled out of my bed at 6 am this morning, trying to calm a baby and convince him to go back to sleep. As I was walking down the stairs I noticed that the curtains where open just a bit and right in the center, was a large, yellow, full moon. I would of grabbed the camera if it was handy but you know, at 6 am, who is running around the house thinking that they need to take a snap. This is no special phenomenon mind you here in the north where the skies have been crystal clear and days around 0 celius (32 F). We waited a long time for winter to arrive this year and now that spring is threatning to arrive, I must say i am saddened to see the winter go as it is been most spectacular.
I have big plans for the Spring in regards to my work. I have been filing through my archives picking out pieces of my past work that just might inspire a new series. This piece entitled, "A Bit of Myself" is one I am quite pleased with and plan to pursue this style and theme in weeks to come. Look for more!

5 Comments:

Blogger nuje said...

Hey Erika, are the pics you posted on your blog your works? They're amazing. I'm glad you told us about your blog, I'll be reading. :)

3:59 PM  
Blogger tiffini elektra x said...

I do hope this does inspire a new series - this would be a fabulous one! I am excited to see what you have in store for spring!
P.S. I had crazy blog (or host) problems today and still but I have decided to ignore them and go drink some wine. . .but before I do it is nice to get away and come to your spiffy beautiful new blog.

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a gorgeous piece....just love it. oxox, tracy

12:12 AM  
Blogger firstborn studio said...

this is hauntingly beautiful!

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great piece, I look forward to seeing more in the series to come ! :-)
marie

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home