availspace Available Space: My Housewife Vacation

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My Housewife Vacation

That' right! Off to Stockholm for a weekend with some girlfriends. Do I need it? You bet! With a 10 month year old almost crawling, a 7 year old with the throw ups and a 9 year old with the hours of homework, I am ready for a weekend of shopping, dining and, did I mention, shopping? Because my job is "in the home", I make a point of going on these little weekend trips once a year, something that they call "husmorsferie" in Norwegian which translated means "housewife's vacation". Because I was pregnant last year, I missed my annual trip, but in the past years I have been lucky enough to enjoy the wonderful cities of Copenhagen, Aberdeen - Scotland and Bangkok ( I lived in Singapore at the time so it wasn't that far away).
I have always thought that the term "housewife" sounds so demeaning with a sort of non-importance - but for those of you that are home you know just how hard it is to balance daily life with a job and I have found that my art has suffered greatly since the arrival of my third child. I am not complaining however, as I feel lucky to be home and able to continue to work a little on the things I enjoy the most.
Need to use the day to pack. Of course I HAD to buy some new stuff to wear on my trip something which my husband ceases to understand as I had just gotten telling him that I was going to need A LOT of money for my trip because I plan on doing A LOT of shopping. I mean, come on, it's Stockholm!! Stavanger is fine enough, but nothing compares to Stockholm's shops not to mention fantastic design. Don't you worry, I will fill you in on all my discoveries...
Off to put on the ABBA cd, get some commissions in the mail and start to pack. Who hoo!
Mamma Mia!

1 Comments:

Blogger tiffini elektra x said...

I am so jealous! Have a fabulous time. (I wanted to leave you this a few days ago but blogger was having server errors!)

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home