availspace Available Space: I'm in LOVE!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I'm in LOVE!


Daniel Smith Quinacridone Red! Are you looking for red? A real red? A fantastic red? Look no further! I have had this in my stash for over a year without even opening it . I have other reds that I wanted to use up first and thought that maybe I should save my good stuff being that art supplies are so expensive here in Norway. Now that I look back through my work, I can see that I used virtually no crimson hues at all and I just figured out the reason! All of those reds sucked! They were to orange or to purple and after I added every possible color to it, it was even worse than the original out-of-the-tube color. This color is amazing, not only with a tinge of ultramarine blue, but just on its own. Duh...wish I would of discovered this a year ago!

"Letting Go"
24 cm x 30 cm
mixed media on canvas
(note: image cut off slightly due to small scanner bed)

3 Comments:

Blogger tiffini elektra x said...

Well the red is fab - but I am in LOVE with this piece! It is unbelievable. I love the way your mind works! Do you have a plan for this one? Is there ever a chance it will go on eBay?

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you, the DS pigments are to die for and this red is not exception. This piece is great and good luck with your International Collage Exhibit.
art hugs
Marie

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE it!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home