availspace Available Space: just messing around...

Sunday, July 23, 2006

just messing around...


"Perfection"
12 cm x 18 cm or 4 3/4" x 7"
mixed media on canvas


The weather here in Stavanger has been wonderful! In fact, it has been so perfect that we spent almost the entire day out in the garden! After trimming bushes, clipping hedges and putting together Ikea furniture, I needed some time to relax in the studio. Finished this piece with the scrap laying around on the table from other larger works. Also, finished this funny piece...
"Looking Through the Peephole"
30 cm or 12" square
mixed media canvas
I don't know how many of you feel about packaging up artwork, but I absolutely hate it! I have two rather large commission pieces to get packaged up and sent to the US. Not only does it take an eternity to find packaging materials big enough and suitable to protect it, but I feel like some sort of contortionist trying to tape it up. It also takes away valuable production time for other pieces. If only I could train my kids. Unfortunately some of these pieces are as big as they are! Oh well, the time is now 11 pm and I have put this moment aside all day. Guess it is time to get the tape gun out! If anyone has any tips on how I can effectively package things up in half the time, I would love to hear from you!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

i don't know anything about packaging, but i've enjoyed your work included in your recent posts.

i'm not an artist per se, but i like your creativity and your sense of mood which is constant in each of your pieces.

11:35 PM  
Blogger tiffini elektra x said...

Beautiful as always Erika. I love them both. I really like looking through the peephole - very cool. My once upon piece came in the mail - it is FANTASTIC! I adore everything about it! It is perfect! Also - thank you so much for the extras - I am coveting the bat card! Dang that is cool...the only advice I have is a desktop tape holder - for packing tape. It has made packing big packages so much easier for me! The one I got off eBay is called inline and it is metal. Anyway lots less hassle. . .

1:54 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I really like your work and style. I just bid on the top piece...keeping my fingers crossed!

5:40 PM  
Blogger katie said...

These are wonderful (as always) but i especially love the peephole piece.

My family on my mother's side is all norwegion, my grandfather grew up there.

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home